Donate your old bike to support Bay Area Youth!
In order for professional staff and our youth interns to refurbish and sell a safe, long-lasting bike for our customers, we please ask that donations fall under these guidelines:
● A good maintainable state - no severe rust or frame damage. Bikes that have been to Burning Man usually are not refurbish-able due to deterioration from the playa dust.
● A good quality frame is our highest priority - mechanics are then able to rebuild with new parts and accessories, if needed (which is often the case).
● Road and mountain bikes are great and easy for the interns to work on - we especially love steel framed bikes but do accept other materials as well (aluminum and carbon, etc.)
● We also accept hybrid bikes in good working condition.
● Bike parts and tools in decent working shape are accepted.
● Unfortunately we cannot accept department store (like Target or Wal-Mart) brand bikes such as Huffy, Pacific, Magna and Mongoose. They are not maintainable to a level for resale, as they are often made with lower quality parts which have a limited lifespan and cannot be replaced or repaired with the assurance of bike safety. We may recommend donating them to a recycling program or if they are in good working condition and not much need of repair, organizations that give away bikes such as PODER, SF Yellow Bike, The Bike Kitchen may find use for them.
● Lastly, due to a very limited capacity, we are unable to pick up donations. Occasionally, we get volunteers who are able to set up a bike donation drive and pick up the bikes for us but otherwise we kindly ask that donations get dropped off at our shop located on 3085 21st Street, San Francisco, CA 94110. We will hand you a fully tax-deductible donation receipt on the spot.
Swing by the shop with donations anytime we are open - Mon - Fri 11-7 and Sat -11-6.